POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OSI compatible license. : Re: OSI compatible license. Server Time
1 May 2024 21:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OSI compatible license.
From: vdbergh
Date: 23 Sep 2004 07:45:01
Message: <web.4152b69ca8ee334f5c3acc940@news.povray.org>
Dear Thorsten,

I respect your position with regard to Povray licensing. I will limit myself
one last comment.

It would be nice if the Povray team took a clearer position with respect
to Povray licensing (instead of saying "we don't discuss this").
If it were clear that Povray would never be OSI compatible then this could
provide an incentive for people
to (try to) write an open source replacement. Obviously this would be a
complete waste of time if the Povray team has the intention of open
sourcing Povray anyway.

Best regards,
Michel